For the WWE Night of Champions results, click Read more »
We at wrestlingconfidential have results for next week’s Impact taping. We’re keeping results off the main page. Just click Read more »
On Monday night, absolutely everything changed. Not only did some of sports-entertainment’s biggest stars like WWE Champion Triple H, Batista and ECW Champion Kane switch brands, but Mr. McMahon was the victim of an exploding set, which collapsed on the WWE Chairman during the final moments of Raw. Though Superstars and medical personnel alike rushed to Mr. McMahon’s aide, was it enough to prevent permanent damage to the Chairman, who was pinned underneath multiple stage lights and scaffolding?
Prior to Mr. McMahon’s injury, the biggest story of the night was easily WWE Champion Triple H being drafted to SmackDown. As announced earlier in the night, champions retain their titles when moving to other brands, which means that SmackDown is now the home of both the WWE Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion Edge. However, the Raw roster contains both of those men’s Night of Champions challengers: No. 1 contender for the WWE Title John Cena, and new Raw draftee Batista, who will face Edge for the World Heavyweight Title. Will Cena and Batista come away from Night of Champions victorious, bringing two titles home to Monday nights, or might SmackDown remain the home of both prestigious championships? (Get Batista’s Unleashed Animal shirt)
Monday night also saw ECW Champion Kane, Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio drafted to Raw. Kane brings the ECW Championship with him, but must still defend it against Big Show at Night of Champions. Punk doesn’t have a championship title, but the former ECW Champion carries a briefcase that allows him to challenge any titleholder at a time of his choosing. With these two powerful ECW Superstars joining Raw, what titles can we expect to see change hands? And when will Rey Mysterio’s arm be fully healed, allowing him to make his in-ring debut as a Raw Superstar?
A title that currently remains on Raw is Chris Jericho’s Intercontinental Championship. In the midst of the WWE Draft, Monday night saw Y2J continue his verbal tirade against Shawn Michaels. When the injured HBK came down to the ring to confront Jericho, the two fought with Y2J further damaging Michaels’ eye. Every title, including the Intercontinental Championship, is to be defended at Night of Champions, but who will step forward to compete against Chris Jericho?
The Intercontinental Title Match is not the only Night of Champions contest with a question mark in it. World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes will face Ted DiBiase, but his mystery partner will not be revealed until Sunday night. Who does DiBiase have in the wings that makes him so confident, and will it be enough to unseat Holly & Rhodes as champions?
Kevin Eck at the Baltimore Sun posted it best: “Bret Hart proved once again that the biggest Bret Hart mark is Bret Hart.”
Kevin Eck was refering to an incident reported by the Wrestling Observer, in which Bret Hart, in the middle of an acceptance speech on behalf of his father Stue, walked out of the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame dinner after he went off on wrestling journalist Greg Oliver.
According to the Wrestling Observer, ‘Bret Hart was giving a speech, accepting the Hall of Fame honor for father Stu. During the speech, Hart noted Greg Oliver of SlamWrestling, who was there to be given the Jim Melby Memorial Award for wrestling journalism along with writing partner Steve Johnson. Hart went off on Oliver in his speech, and started talking about the sacrifices the wrestlers have made and loved ones lost in the business and said that one of us doesn’t deserve to be here and said either he goes or I go. Several of the older wrestlers in attendance gave Hart a standing ovation. Oliver didn’t leave, although the report we got was that Johnson did leave to try and diffuse a bad situation.
‘Hart eventually left when Oliver didn’t, and many of the wrestlers left with him and it created an ugly vibe. Hart hasn’t liked Oliver dating back to Oliver’s book, “Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Canadians,” which listed him No. 14 in the list of greatest Canadian wrestlers ever. The book did acknowledge him as the best known of all the Canadian wrestlers but said “Hart can hardly claim to be the best ever.”‘
‘Kevin Eck writes, ‘Unfortunately, this latest incident is consistent with Hart’s reputation among his peers for taking himself too seriously. When Hart and Shawn Michaels were shooting on each other on Raw during the height of their feud, Michaels called Bret “Mark Man,” and basically said that Hart really believes he is the greatest of all time and doesn’t quite comprehend that winners and losers are predetermined, and who is and isn’t pushed to the top is often decided by politics as much as wrestling ability.’
‘The fact is that Hart’s wrestling skills are indisputable. When I listed the top 10 all-around performers that I have ever personally seen, Hart was No. 7 (I guess that puts me on his “bad list,” too, since he wasn’t No. 1 and archrival Michaels was). Anyone who knows anything about this business knows that Hart has had an outstanding career, so he should be above such nonsense and not be so insecure. Hart’s actions were inappropriate and petty, especially on a night when he was there to accept an honor for his father.’
– There’s a lot of buss about a ‘fake’ Steve Austin who showed up to do a signing at a Walmart Greensburg, Indianna. WWE and police are said to be investigating the incident, in which the imposter was charging $10 a photo. Insiders have reported that the man posing as Steve Austin works around Indiana, claims to have been Stone Cold’s Movie stunt double, sells Steve Austin figures as himself and charges 500 dollars to appear at a show. Max Sleed claims the man has been advertised to appear for Eric Draven and SCW. We’ll be following up on how that appearance works out.
– After beating Orlando Jordan and winning the NWE title, Ultimate Warrior apparently vacated the belt and is telling people he is done for now. Rumours ot TNA having interest in Ultimate warrior are not true.
– Dave Meltzer reports Kurt Angle is injured again. Angle apparantly blew out his knee on the Monday tapings and had to war a huge brace in order to work his scheduled matches for that night and Tuesday.
– WWE official Lisa Richards has been promoted to the position of Vice President of Affiliate Marketing at WWE. Lisa will be focussing on marketing and promotion of WWE’s pay-per-views, WerstleMania and WWE 24/7.
– People.com posted a interview with Hulk Hogan. In the article, Hulk says that he unconditionally still loves his wife, in spite of an increasingly negative divorce. Hulk says that his relationship with his daughter, Brook has also improved.
Wrestlingconfidential has the results for Friday’s SMACKDOWN today. Just click Read more »
Wrestling Confidential has the TNA results for Thursday, Today! Just click Read more »
– WWE announced on ECW that the supplemental draft will be taking place on Wednesday, at noon EST, on WWE.com.
– There’s a story that at tonight’s Smackdown taping in Houston, TX, the ECW title match has been changed to a triple threat with Kane defending the strap against both The Big Show and Mark Henry.
– Randy Orton is claiming that his injury is healing quickly thanks to a treatment involving a direct pulse from an electromagnet that helps regenerate bone growth. Randy thinks he could be back as early as mid-August and says that the pain in his collarbone is gone.
– There’s a rumour that on of the reasons Triple H moved to Smackdown is to have Fridays off. With Stephanie working television Monday and Tuesday, Triple H will be able to spend Saturdays and Sundays with his family.
– JR’s not happy to be drafted, but too professional not to step up to the challenge of going to Smackdown. JR actually considered ‘calling it a wrap’ and says he’ll miss working with his longtime partner Jimmy Lawler.
‘My sincere thanks to all of you who have supported me on RAW over the years. I hope I was able to provide you a memory or two. Hopefully, we can create new memories now on Smackdown.’ – JR
Wrestling Confidential has the results now and we will have an analysis of what this means for each WWE label, what fans can expect and what happened backstage soon.
The WWE draft results are as follows:
Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Michael Cole, Batistat and Kane have been drafted to RAW.
Jeff Hardy, Jim Ross, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy and Triple H have been drafted to SMACKDOWN.
United States Champion Matt Hardy has been drafted to ECW.
Wrestlingconfidential brings you the results for 6/20 Smackdown Just click Read more »